Wednesday, May 28, 2008

To US or not to US

"To US or not to US" has been a question on and off the plate over the last two years. Thankfully, the circumstances helped me avoid that uncomfortable choice. Its uncomfortable in the sense; Both options have their share of good things. I liked the work environment in US -- it offers better career opportunities and easy Money. But, I don't want to miss India; I love this place, the people, the life style....the small things that touch everyday life. I have grown up cherishing India and its part of the dreams, i want to chase: An Indian Dream.

If "I was ME", only 5 years younger; I would have tossed a coin to make this choice!! and happily leave it at that. Infact, this is exactly what i did in class 12th; i wasn't clear on what to focus: prepare for IIT JEE or prepare for the State Engineering entrance exam (EAMCET). So, i tossed a coin to choose :D and the rest is history.

But this January, when "to US or not to US" surfaced yet again, i didn't have to toss. The absolute happiness in following the inner voice was overpowering. There is some magic to it. It seems to know more than what meets the eye and looking back, feels more rational. There are things we cannot measure with the tools our logic has. If you are in fix: Follow your heart...

No comments: